You are among a growing number of people who are seeking experts with lived experience.
Mary O'Hagan used mental health services in New Zealand for eight years as a young woman. Ever since, she has worked to make a difference to the way society and services respond to people with major mental distress.
• an initiator of the service user movement in New Zealand
• the first chair of the World Network of Users and Survivors of Psychiatry
• an advisor to the United Nations and World Health Organization
• a Mental Health Commissioner for New Zealand
• an international speaker, consultant and writer
• an international thought leader on service user perspectives
• used for her unique expertise in recovery, wellbeing and discrimination
• working in the Netherlands, Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
Download Mary's CV/Resume